Learn Data Science!
The next program starts the 23rd of August 2021
SkillsUP Lab offers Data Science courses. First off, we teach you how to ethically work with data. Then, you’ll learn the ropes of Data Science. So, from machine learning to visualising in PowerBI, our technical coaches are here to help!
Aside from the technical training and intensive courses, you will get executive coaching we call Power Skills. Leading business coaches will help you expand your leadership, presenting, storytelling, self-confidence skills and much more.
Upskill or Reskill Your Workforce
Investing in your employees and their knowledge brings many rewards. In today’s labor market, vacancies are high and difficult to fill. It can be more useful to increase the knowledge of your existing employees than to recruit new ones.
We can help you become known for a culture of lifelong learning by creating training and development paths with you. From technical to presentation skill training, we can create a program for your employees.
The SkillsUP Labs are open for all!
We deliberately build our learning communities to include people who are working and those who are seeking new work. Because we are firm believers in life long learning, through reskilling and upskilling. We foster community by connecting our cohorts with each other and hosting ongoing events for you to continue to share your knowledge and build your network with more people!
Anyone can apply to our programs. The qualities that we are looking for are: curiosity, persistence, resilience and community orientation. If you possess these qualities, then the SkillsUP Lab could be an excellent experience for you!
Now we are offering a digital version of our SkillsUP Lab to help people prepare during these times of uncertainty with data skills and employment prospects.
Get notified when the next SkillsUP Lab program starts:
Grow on a technical and personal level
If you become a member of our next cohort, you can expect to grow technically, personally and professionally. You’ll be joined by people from interesting backgrounds and experiences. And you’ll join an inclusive data community.
In your cohort, you will find people who are: upskilling to grow with their current employer, reskilling to find new work, those who want to increase their own technical knowledge and entrepreneurs.
During the program, everyone follows the same curriculum – including Power Skills and additional Special Topic classes. And everyone is held to the same standards regarding attendance, participation, progress and honor code.
You’ll earn certificates by completing individual IBM certified course. Complete all the courses and Power Skills to receive our SkillsUP Lab program certificate and the IBM certificates for Python and Data Science.
Coaching and real-life experience
Complete your full training program of six months successfully and your next step might even be joining us as a Data Professional. And you will start as soon as your training program is completed. If you’re following the program digitally, we offer 20 hours of job coaching to support you in finding a new job if you need to.
During your program, you will work on a wide variety of data projects and continue to build your skills and network. We will also be working with you to help you finding your future employer.
As a data professional, we expect that you will be an eager, curious problem solver with data science and analytics skills that you want to apply to real-world business challenges. It’s not only commercial companies that need these skills. But non-profits and public service need them as well.
Now we're talking data
under/unemployed before starting
cohorts since 2018
data professionals graduated
employed in their new field
SkillsUP Lab offers a Data Science track. This track will teach you how to ethically work with data. How to ask the right questions to generate results? Which tools can assist you and help you process that data to generate results, either as historical reports or predictive models?
What You're Learning
The foundation of responsible data usage that every data professional needs.
Working with, cleaning, preparing data for usage, transformation and analysis.
Import data and get insights from datasets using Python and Excel
Create meaningful, effective, and aesthetically pleasing data visuals in multiple tools.
Build and fine tune robust predictive Machine Learning models.
Bringing the secrets of data to life for the business, making it actionable.
Getting familiar with your hardware, brushing up on valuable employee skills and getting the hang of any tools and software you're going to use.
Learn all about Python, one of the most important programming languages for data manipulation.
Develop your Power Skills, like leadership, working in a team, storytelling abilities and solving conflicts!
Score an average of 85% or higher on your tests and courses to move on to the next step of this program.
After you've laid your foundation of Python, it's time to start using it to work with data.
You'll learn how to visualise, analyse and clean data with multiple tools, while working on real life projects!
By now you should have all the skills you need to be a data professional and move on to the next step in your career.
If you score an average of 90% or higher on our courses, tests and projects, you're eligible for a traineeship!
If you've succesfully completed the Python, Data Science and Power Skills trajectory, you've officially graduated our SkillsUP Lab program. Congrats!
Become a trainee and get started on your data career. Further develop your data skills while earning a living wage and preparing yourself for your next steps.
Accelerate your career with skills in one of the fastest growing fields – data science. Learn data science fundamentals, ethics, key data science tools, and widely-used programming languages from industry and academic experts in this unique program.
With a multidisciplinary focus, our program will help you develop the analytical and programming skills you need to take advantage of the 1.5 million career opportunities available now in data science.
- Learn in an interactive, motivational environment
- Build your knowledge and portfolio with hands on experience
- Receive your certification for each module you complete, including the Power Skills
- Complete the whole program to earn your SkillsUP Lab Certificate in Data Science
- Experienced Data Scientists coach you through the program
- Professional development experience with a company or non-profit is included
- Classical study on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and 16 hours of self study at home, for a total of 40 hours a week
- All study materials are included
How much does it cost?
The total costs for the four-month track are € 12.093,95 (incl BTW). Participants pay €3788.35 (incl BTW) to start their track.
The remainder (€8305) of the program costs can be paid by:
- You: Program costs are fully tax-deductible.
- Your future employer: if you enroll in the program with the express intention to find a new employer, we will partner up with you in providing additional job coaching sessions.
- Your current employer: program costs are tax-deductible .
- Municipalities: if you are enrolling in the program with a state allowance, disability, or other forms of allowance, you might be eligible for funds allowing you to return into the workplace. Please signup using the SignUP Form and check the box “I depend on Municipalities”, you will be scheduled a call with a jobcoach to explore your specific possibilities and rights.
- UWV. If you receive one of the following allowances you can ask for ‘scholingsbudget’: WIA/WAO, Ziektewet, Wajong. At this moment the WW (unemployment) is included due to COVID. In the future this group will no longer be eligible.
- Your traineeship: for each billable hour you work on external customer projects, you’ll receive an hourly wage and we’ll credit your hours worked towards the program costs.
What’s included in this price:
- Professional coaching: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 10.00 am to 04.00 pm at the SkillsUP Lab location.
- 9 Power Skills days from executive coaches: to develop leadership skills, storytelling, ethical thinking, co-working skills.
- Track resources: a laptop and all the software and course materials, including an Office365 License
- Portfolio Building: A Data Professional experience to further develop and demonstrate your Data Professional skills, build your portfolio and explore new career opportunities.
- Job Coaching*: if needed, from day one we’ll help you establish a strong personal brand, helping you navigate the labor market and coaching you one-on-one. You’ll receive this coaching until the end of the program. If you follow a traineeship with us after the program, job coaching continues until 12 months after the program ends.
The Do Good Only Company BV stands for digital inclusion. If you feel that your specific situation is preventing you from participating, please let us know by scheduling a call with us.
- Use Microsoft Excel to explore data
- Use Transact-SQL to query a relational database
- Create data models and visualize data using Excel or Power BI
- Apply statistical methods to data
- Use Python to explore and transform data
- Follow a data science methodology
- Create and validate machine learning models.
- Write Python code to build machine learning models
- Apply data science techniques to common scenarios
- Implement a machine learning solution for a given data problem
Schedule a call with us for more information
Would you like to know more about one of the programs? Please schedule some time in our agenda for a web meeting or phone.
In the Calendar below you can select a date and time that best suits you.